JOB SOB (SHORTNESS OF BREATH)
Yes, You Can Manage It
Have you faced problems with SOB (shortness of breath) at work? You’re not alone.
Here are some things you can do to make breathing easier at the workplace. Some may even apply to public settings in general:
- Ask your doctor for suggestions to help you perform your specific work tasks.
- Get a rolling cart to help move things around instead of carrying them yourself—this could help save your breath.
- Ask your employer or human resources department about whether you can get easy access parking, with a spot close to the building—to make your walk to the office shorter and easier.
- Ask to have your desk or office closer to the entrance/exit so you can reach it more easily.
- Take frequent breaks so you can rest and catch your breath when needed.
- Ask about a more flexible work schedule with telecommuting and work-from-home options—this may help you cut back on physical effort so you can breathe easier.
- Delegate responsibility—this could be an effective way to enlist the support of your colleagues.
- Work in a smoke-free environment.
Remember to talk candidly with your employer about your condition. Let them know that their support is key to your ability to contribute your best.
You are about to leave MySYMBICORT.com.
This link will take you to a site maintained by another party that is solely responsible for its contents.
Thank you for visiting the website
This link will take you to another web site. AstraZeneca provides this link as a service to site visitors. AstraZeneca is not responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites. We encourage you to read the policy of each website you visit.
Do you wish to continue?
Statement on COVID-19
As COVID-19 continues to impact the US, AstraZeneca remains committed to patient care. If there was ever a time to prioritize your health, it’s now. We are committed to doing everything we can to ensure our medicines remain available to you.